Hello there friends! Happy almost-spring from Minneapolis! Where the sun is shining, the Mississippi River is flowing, and I’ve started thinking about thinking about going for a run this afternoon! Hope you all had a happy weather weekend!
Let’s get right to it, shall we? Here are a few less-than-graceful moments from the past week! 🙂
- Springtime weather also means springtime candy, so the husband and I decided to bring home an excessive amount of Starburst jelly beans from Target yesterday. We removed from the shelves the tropical flavored bag, the berry flavored bag, the sweet and sour flavored bag…and then we discovered the bags upon bags of chocolate eggs (Kit Kat, Reese’s, Dove, Hershey’s…), which magically found their way into our cart. The best way to celebrate spring is obviously to eat an unhealthy amount of brightly colored or weirdly shaped candy.
- I recently discovered where the elevator was located in my classroom building. It may have taken me two years, but I finally found a way to avoid climbing four flights of stairs and embarrassingly panting/weezing my way into the classroom. Don’t worry about me, kids.*weeze* I’m fine. *weeze* Just a bit out of shape for my age…
- My eyeglasses are currently being stored in a broken sunglasses case that is 1) WAY to bulky and 2) neon green and zebra striped. Which, as you might of guessed, looks REAL professional when you’re trying to teach an undergraduate course or converse with a visiting graduate professor [pay no attention to the massive and distractingly bright sunglasses case…I promise I’m mature].
- Last week, I found online the sweetest little house with the sweetest front porch decorated with the sweetest little flower pots, and I thought that it would’ve made the sweetest “first home” for us, so I sent Darrin a rough total of 20 messages (texts, Snapchats, emails) to make sure that he was aware of my excitement. He, of course, was most certainly aware of my enthusiasm, but because he forgot to turn off his phone during an important meeting, a few of the CEOs from the neighboring medical device companies in the area were also made aware of my house-hunting enthusiasm. The more the merrier, I guess? My bad, Darebear.
- Getting up for a glass of water in the middle of the night is much more exciting when you completely miss your mouth while trying to take a sip. HELLOOO 3AM. I’M DEFINITELY AWAKE NOW.
Have any dorky moments of your own?? Have a great day!