We Like the Rain

Sometimes Gracefully Spring 3 Sometimes Gracefully Spring 1 Sometimes Gracefully Spring Sometimes Gracefully Spring 2

Last night was a turn off the lights, abandon everything on the to-do list, and watch the thunderstorm outside kind of night. Darrin and I sat on our living room couch in the dark, eating frozen pizza and watching the rain hit the windows. The first thunderstorm of the season did not disappoint. The lightning was bold…the thunder lived up to its namesake…and we spent most of the night snuggled up on the couch listening to the rain wash over Minneapolis. We like the rain. Our first date waaaay back in high school was on a rainy day. His baseball practice had been cancelled, and he knew I had an unhealthy love and need for liked coffee, so we sat at a corner table in the nearby coffee shop talking about our families and favorite movies while the rain pounded against the windows. Some six years later, when Darrin asked me to marry him, he gave me (among other things…like a ring) a large mason jar filled with rain water he had collected for months before his proposal. “Rain means new beginnings,” he had said. So we like the rain. And a thunderstorm on the first night of April has just got to be a sign for good things to come.

[How’s that for a little Thursday sap?? 😉 ]

You can shop this bright look below!

• Reply Kelsey Ann Yoki April 2, 2015 at 10:37 am

This outfit makes me so happy…and so ready for the grass to be greener, with leaves back on the trees! I am a big lover of thunderstorms as well; my boyfriend and I have done the same. They are pretty spectacular once you can appreciate the beauty of it all.

• Reply Grace Beekman April 4, 2015 at 8:27 pm

I’m with ya, girly. Thunderstorms are my fav. Let’s hope Minnesota has got a few more storms lined up for us this summer! 🙂

• Reply WhatWouldVWear April 2, 2015 at 4:53 pm

You look AMAZING!! Swooning over your outfit! Sending you much
    love!

xoxo, Vanessa

• Reply Mary April 2, 2015 at 10:33 pm

I love this outfit, Gracie! I love this story as well- my boyfriend and I are high school sweathearts as well, and we’ll be celebrating six years together next October 🙂 (Although I can’t imagine anything about our celebration will include some serious rain related romance!) Hope your week is going well!

xo Mary
    Mostly Salty

• Reply Grace Beekman April 4, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Yay for high school sweethearts! They’re such a rare thing these days! 🙂

• Reply Rachel Leigh Murray April 3, 2015 at 1:19 am

You have a gorgeous blog! Love the outfits 🙂 Looking forward to following! http://truthandtravels.blogspot.com

• Reply officialmahryska April 3, 2015 at 6:24 am

super bright. super cute!

kisses from dubai ♥