Twin Cities Walk to End Alzheimer’s

Over the weekend, Darebear and I had a blast participating in the Twin Cities Walk to End Alzheimer’s. The walk ended up falling on the exact day of what would have been my grandmother’s birthday {craziness, right?}, so the family dressed up in birthday gear to celebrate her life during the walk. We had such a beautiful day for the event!

Alzheimers Target Field Target Field Target FieldDarrin and I were pretty ambitious and biked to Target Field before the walk {because we’reΒ superΒ into exercising and everything…not}, which may not have been the brightest decision, but the weather was way too beautiful drive. As the morning progressed, so many people came out to participate, and it was fun to see who each group was honoring through this walk. Alzheimer’s is such a heartbreaking disease, and the walk I’m sure raised a lot of money for neurological research {rock on, participants and donors!}, but it was also such a joy to see the pride of each person who represented someone affected by the disease. As if they were excited to join together with others who have suffered the same feelings of sadness, loss, and frustration. Sharing in each others’ sufferings and lifting each other up is what love is all about!

Target Field Target Field Alzheimers Walk Alzheimers Babey Target Field

I so enjoyed reconnecting with cousins, holding babies {check out my baby cousin’s superhero stance above…ADORABLE}, eating Chex Mix at 8am, and taking pictures. If my grandma was still around she’d be soaking up and loving all this attention. Rock on, Grandma.

If any of you would like to donate any money to this cause, you can do so by donating to the event hereΒ . They also list other cities that do a Walk to End Alzheimer’s and what time of year those walks take place. If you’ve never done one before, I highly recommend participating! πŸ™‚

Target Field Family

Nothing better than wearing goofy glasses and party hats to support a good cause and honor an awesome grandma! I hope you each have a wonderful Wednesday! Has anyone else participated in an event like this one? I’d love to hear about the causes you support!

Much love!

Gracie

Bloglovin

• Reply Claire September 25, 2013 at 12:10 am

Congratulations -what a lovely thing to do!

• Reply jennifer prod September 25, 2013 at 8:23 am

this is the sweetest post of all time. happy belated to your grandma πŸ™‚

(i literally sighed through this entire post….)

• Reply Grace Beekman September 26, 2013 at 9:33 am

Thanks so much! It was such an awesome morning and a fun community to be a part of! πŸ™‚

• Reply Sarah September 25, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I can’t believe how cold it already looks up there!! I am way jealous!

It looks like y’all had a great time! I can’t beleive you and Darrin biked to the walk πŸ™‚

-Sarah

• Reply Grace Beekman September 26, 2013 at 9:31 am

Yah the temps are dropping like crazy! We were very motivated to bike TO the walk…but didn’t share that same excitement biking BACK… πŸ˜‰

• Reply landerwriter September 26, 2013 at 2:49 am

Great cause, great photos, definitely done most gracefully. I recently heard that both Google and Apple have committed themselves to helping end old age.

iridescence.wordpress.com

-John

• Reply Grace Beekman September 26, 2013 at 9:31 am

Thank you! And how interesting! It’s nice to refocus our attention to things that are important, like helping others, so I hope Google’s commitment pans out!

• Reply Sarah Heckle September 26, 2013 at 7:15 am

Your family looks like a lot of fun, and your grandma would love this πŸ™‚

I always love doing the Walk for Wishes for the Make-a-Wish foundation!

• Reply Grace Beekman September 26, 2013 at 9:27 am

Thanks so much! It was definitely an awesome morning! And what a great cause! I gotta check that out around the Twin Cities!