The Stone Arch Bridge Festival

Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 11 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 9 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 8 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 10

Darrin and I rarely find ourselves wandering around summer festivals. Mostly because the festival sunshine and Darebear’s pale skin do not play nicely together in the summer sandbox. Poor guy has to practically bathe in sunscreen before venturing out into the sunlight (the curse of the redhead). Thankfully last week we had ourselves a semi-cloudy afternoon for the annual Stone Arch Bridge Festival. Local artists and bands set up booths along the bridge and down Main Street, featuring and selling their work. Darrin and I wandered from art booth to art booth to food truck to more art booths, looking at some beautiful pieces of art and questioning some extremely strange pieces of art. But we don’t mind a little variety. Art can be awesome. And art can be freaking weird. And that’s the way we like it.

Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 6 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 4 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 7 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 2 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 3 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch 5 Sometimes Gracefully Stone Arch

Ben & Jerry’s had set up a little booth right next to the St. Anthony Falls, so Darebear and I shared a small cup of Americone Dream ice cream (fudge covered waffle cones and caramel…halleluiah) as we watched the crowds across the river.  I’ve learned that the secret to prime time people watching is to wear a pair of dark sunglasses. Then the old man dressed in a Renaissance costume singing “Piano Man” on his guitar won’t see you staring at him and questioning what. the. heck is going on. THESE ones from Target were quite satisfactory.

Are you looking forward to any local festivals this summer? Or maybe the better and perhaps more important question is what sunscreen do you use? 😛

Thanks for stopping by! You can shop this tassel dress HERE!

• Reply Morgan Apfel June 24, 2015 at 7:33 am

Hahaha totally agree about the sunglasses!! Because lets face it, that is the best part of being in a large crowd! I can’t believe you guys shared that little cup of ice cream, I would never agreed to share ice cream lol. We never get to any festivals either, but maybe we should start looking for some 😉

x. Morgan / http://www.morningappleblog.com

• Reply Grace Beekman June 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Haha yeah I gave Darrin about 1.5 bites before I decided that “our” ice cream was actually “my” ice cream.. 😉

• Reply Megan June 24, 2015 at 9:36 am

Let me just say, I have major hair envy! It is beautiful! Also, art truly is the best; so creative and each one is so different

• Reply Grace Beekman June 25, 2015 at 10:39 pm

You’re so right! I love the variety! 🙂

• Reply Carmen Antal June 24, 2015 at 10:00 am

great post!
    I love it!

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

• Reply Jenessa Sheffield June 24, 2015 at 1:02 pm

I love that dress!

XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

• Reply Jenna Redfield June 24, 2015 at 2:32 pm

I went to that last week! Got some ok video footage for my new YouTube video but the sun was so blinding for my camera haha!

I just discovered your blog-are you apart of the MN Blogger community on Facebook? If not, you should join the group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/minnesotabloggers/

Jenna at jennaredfield.wordpress.com

• Reply Grace Beekman June 25, 2015 at 10:40 pm

The sun definitely started to peak out as the afternoon went by! And I haven’t heard of this MN blogger group! I’ve gotta join!

• Reply Falasha June 24, 2015 at 4:53 pm

looks really cool, love your dress!

xx Falasha

Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin’

• Reply Karin Rambo June 25, 2015 at 3:23 pm

I’ve never heard of this festival and I’ve lived here for almost 13 years! When is it? Also… cute dress. 🙂

truncation.blogspot.com

• Reply Grace Beekman June 25, 2015 at 10:41 pm

It’s this huge art festival down Main Street in NE! Music, food trucks, art booths…it was pretty crowded, but still a fun time! 🙂