Meet: Punch Neapolitan Pizza

If you’re hungry, a pizza lover, and find yourself in Minneapolis, go to Punch Pizza. Don’t question yourself. Don’t hesitate. Don’t think about ordering anything straight to your comfy couch. Go. To. Punch.

Punch Pizza Punch Pizza Punch Pizza Punch Pizza

Like I’ve often mentioned before, I love patio seating,  and those cute orange and yellow umbrellas paired with those outdoor potted plants were just too welcoming to pass up. Punch Pizza is known, as you may have guessed, for their pizza, but  they also serve some monstrous salads that taste incredibly fresh. So if you’re not into pizza, or if you’re into pizza, at some point, you’ve gotta try their salads!

But let’s talk about pizza. Because I love pizza. And what could be better than a pizza cooked in a blistering 800 degree, wood-burning oven?! Yah. As we Minnesotans proudly say, “You betcha.” Check out that tile design in the picture above! Amazing.

Punch Pizza Punch Pizza

There are so many different varieties of pizza at Punch that you’ve gotta try. I love their classic Margherita Extra pizza, but Darrin and I also enjoyed the Vesuvio and the Palermo. Punch offers different “styles” of pizza for those who’d prefer more olive oil or extra mozzarella cheese, and each pizza is made with fresh ingredients inside that beautiful hand-crafted oven. So. Fun.

Punch Pizza Punch Pizza Punch Pizza

We had such a relaxing night to ourselves eating pizza, people watching, and discussing the things about this fall we’re most excited for. We’re both so busy with school and have to dedicate so much time to our individual studies that it’s easy to neglect our time spent together. We can sometimes be in the same room for an entire night, so focused on what we’re learning, that we won’t say anything to each other for hours! Crazy, right?! So it was a perfect night to regroup and put our career goals in perspective. And who doesn’t want to do that while eating a delicious piece of pizza from Punch?! 🙂

I hope your weeks have been going well! Any other pizza lovers out there? I love that quote from Tina Fey’s character on 30Rock: “Lovers”…oh that word bums me out unless it’s between “meat” and “pizza.”

Happy Thursday! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply petal and plume September 12, 2013 at 8:34 am

oh my word!! this place looks heavenly.
    xx

• Reply Grace Beekman September 12, 2013 at 4:22 pm

It definitely was! My husband was a little frustrated he had to wait for me to snap a picture before he could dive in! 😉

• Reply Elissa September 12, 2013 at 10:03 am

I have a friend who just moved to Minneapolis! I will have to share this with her. I love a great pizza joint.

• Reply Grace Beekman September 12, 2013 at 4:21 pm

You should definitely let her know about it! It is such a fun place to snag some beer and pizza. GREAT atmosphere! 🙂

• Reply jennifer prod September 12, 2013 at 1:02 pm

5 different types of pizza bianca? now we’re talking. i live in rome for a year, and this stuff looks just as good. can’t believe i haven’t been yet… will change that quickly (ps, if i keep reading your blog i will be eating out every day… maybe a good thing?)

• Reply Grace Beekman September 12, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Haha! You’re so right. Even MY list keeps growing! If only our bank accounts followed suit…. 😉
      And you lived in Rome?! What a dream!

• Reply Laiza September 12, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Nice place and I love the pizza!!!
    L.

• Reply two birds September 12, 2013 at 3:37 pm

my husband and i have decided that we want to check out all of the pizza places in minneapolis/st. paul. punch is one of my faves. have you been to lola? that’s one of my all-time faves!

• Reply Grace Beekman September 12, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Oh my what a great idea! I haven’t tried Lola…but it’s officially on the list! 🙂

• Reply Akshara Vivekananthan September 12, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Fresh baked pizza right out of the oven is the best type of pizza. I hate the traditional, greasy stuff- not my type (okay, maybe occasionally when I’m having a bad day). I haven’t made it to Minneapolis yet but if I ever do, I’ll be sure to go there! Oh jeez, now you got me craving for pizza! 🙂

• Reply Idalia September 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Ive seriously been craving pizza all day and this just topped it all of! So jealous!

cheers,