Darrin came back to the apartment last night with four frozen pizzas, carbonated water, and a bag of coffee grounds. Mix them all together, and you’ve got yourself a recipe for a successful Monday! I hope. We ate our pizza, turned on Lord of the Rings (sorry, Academy Awards…), and worked on our to-do lists while Frodo and Sam worked on saving Middle-Earth. It was all very inspiring.
In other news, here are a few less-than-graceful moments from this past week! Mondays can be just so darn serious, ya know? So let’s try and not take ourselves too seriously today. 😉
- On Saturday morning, our Xbox informed us that we had unlocked the “Bad Breakfast Achievement” on our Xbox account…which means that we’ve watched at least ten TV episodes before noon over the past few weeks. Hashtag you know you have a Hulu problem when…
- Apparently I can be SO oblivious to the world around me while eating lunch that a small child in a nearby booth can vomit alllll over the table without me noticing. Waiters and waitresses can bring cleaning supplies and towels, and I can sit casually in my own booth, completely oblivious until someone says while we’re leaving, “You were so calm while that kid was throwing up behind you….” I mean, YIKES.
- Speaking of restaurants, my sister and I had ourselves a real life stakeout at a local restaurant the other day. We were “staking out” a nearby table that we hoped to save, but we didn’t have enough jackets to “mark our territory” (so to speak). So she sat at one table; I sat at another; and we kept our eye on the third table that we needed by communicating through our phones as if they were walkie-talkies. Or some fancy James Bond gadget. I’m sure we looked REAL cool. And annoying.
- There are some doors that do not automatically open for you as fast as you’d anticipate. The Commons Hotel in Minneapolis has a pair of these automatic, sliding glass doors that are slow to read the presence of a pedestrian hoping to enter the building. Their slow response time caused me to walk smack-dab into those glass doors. TWICE. Which, I’m sure, made me look like an incredibly competent human being to all those people sitting in the hotel lobby.
- WARNING — TMI: Darrin had badly stubbed his big toe a few months ago, and last night, the dead toenail that he had been waiting to fall off finally fell off while he was sleeping. The problem, however, is that we STILL can’t find that dead toenail…and I’m a bit nervous about waking up in the middle of the night and discovering it lying on my pillow…straight. up. horrifying.
On that semi-disgusting note, I hope you have a great Monday!
P.S. This striped top is from J.Crew Factory! And it’s a new fave, my friends.