Less-Than-Graceful Moments

Sometimes Gracefully Monday Sometimes Gracefully Monday 2

A happy Monday to you and yours from wet and windy Minneapolis! Darrin and I made it back from quick jaunt to Iowa over the weekend. The Hawkeye State, as you might have guessed, is still flat and still windy. So nothing new there. Iowa greeted us with dark clouds and rain, and we returned home to dark clouds and rain. So I’m ready for some spring sunshine, my friends. I have yet to see those May flowers that our April showers kept promising to bring. False advertising, if you ask me.

But anyways! Here are a few less-than-graceful moments from the past week!

1. These final weeks of the spring semester have been a bit stressful. SO stressful, in fact, that I had at least four “Did I forget to put on a shirt?!” freak out moments on my way to class last week. Even placed my hand over my chest to make sure it was covered. You know you’re concentrating on too many things when…
  2. I won’t even tell you how long I was convinced that the lyrics to Baha Men’s hit song was “You put the lime in the Coke, you nut” rather than “You put in the lime in the coconut.” Darrin was sure to correct me (after laughing hysterically) over the weekend. However, I did show him THIS commercial. So I wasn’t entirely incorrect…take that, Baha Men, and your confusing diction.
  3. Attention all public restroom users: if you slam your bathroom stall door shut with enough force, you will simultaneously pop open the stall door of the person next to you, which is not a particularly happy surprise for that individual (i.e. ME). So. Do society a favor and close your stall doors carefully. We’re all in this together, ladies.
  4. I somehow managed to injure my jaw while jogging last week. I can’t even yawn without feeling a slight amount of pain shoot through my mouth. And I didn’t even run into a pole or anything.  I’m hoping that this means more ice cream for dinner? Right? But who needs an excuse for more ice cream? #ADULTHOOD

And there ya have it! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Eye See Euphoria May 11, 2015 at 8:45 am

Great post and lol at the stalls doors. Thanks for the advice. Thanks for sharing and make sure you subscribe to the blog for a chance to WIN a pair of sunglasses.

Eye See Euphoria | http://eyeseeeuphoria.com/post/something-beautiful

• Reply Haley May 11, 2015 at 9:41 am

I prefer #semiadulthood because a part of me refuses to grow up! (Peter Pan syndrome??) Your moments make me feel like I am not alone in my own moments. I turned myself into a human pinball this weekend and literally walked into every corner, edge, table, while crashing my hands, elbows, knees…you get the idea. I am pretty much polka-dotted with bruises by this point. Here’s to the less than-moments!
    <3 Haley @ http://www.beautyinthischaos.com

• Reply Vera May 11, 2015 at 11:28 am

Oh, good luck with the exams! I’m sure they’ll go fine! And I loved this story of the public restrooms! Would have never imagines that! Have a lovely day,
    Vera

The Flash Window | Bloglovin

• Reply Joanne Kim May 11, 2015 at 3:14 pm

What a cute photos!!! U look so lovely~~
    Xoxo

• Reply Jackie May 11, 2015 at 4:21 pm

AHHH no way! I can’t believe your stall door actually opened when someone slammed theirs. That’s a legit concern of mine, but that’s never actually happened!

Jackie

Something About That

• Reply Grace Beekman May 13, 2015 at 10:14 pm

Yes! Would you believe me if I told you that this has happened to me on more than one occasion? Why do I always end up with the faulty stall doors?! Hashtag horrifying.

• Reply k peterr May 12, 2015 at 1:57 am

I sure am glad I’m not the only one who does the shirt thing! Best of luck on finals! Cheers<3xx

• Reply Grace Beekman May 13, 2015 at 10:13 pm