Last night Darrin and I sat in the dark while a massive hailstorm rolled through Minneapolis. The city skyline disappeared behind a thick layer of fog while the hail and rain pelted against our windows. I’m a huge fan of storms. But we’ve got a cozy underground parking spot, so I’ve got nothing to complain about (i.e. hail damage). However, the one who has every right to riot and complain (besides everybody who actually had hail damage) is our good friend Mr. Eagle, who decided to build his massive nest right across the street. Poor guy didn’t exactly pick a tree that’s known for its leafy coverage, so I’m sure he woke up on the wrong side of the nest this morning (i.e. hail damage…).
Here are a few less-than-graceful moments from yours truly!
- Walking back to my car and mentally judging the idiot who just can’t seem to figure out how to turn off his or her darn panic alarm (talk about LOUD and ANNOYING, right?!), only to discover that the absent-minded idiot with the obnoxiously beeping car alarm was ME… Just play it cool, Gracie. Play. It. Cool.
- When you come to church unprepared for the chilly air-conditioned temperatures, sometimes you’ve got to improvise. Which means wearing one of your dirty sweatshirts that’s been stuffed beneath the passenger seat of your car for far, FAR too long. Luckily it matched my outfit? Is dirty-black-that-smells-musty-and-sort-of-like-McDonalds “IN” right now?
- For my 1000th Instagram post, I wanted to post something creative or something sentimental…a “thanks for following along!” Instagram, or an Instagram giveaway (!), or something like that. Instead, I forgot all about my 1000th Instagram post and ended up publishing THIS. Hashtag story of my life. Paired with a “raise the roof” hands emoji. You know the one I’m talking about.
- After almost 19 years of learning and maneuvering my way through the American education system, I still haven’t mastered the “don’t rub your eyes immediately after picking seeds out of a lemon” concept. Somehow I missed that lesson plan—one that suuuuuure would’ve been handy the other day.
- The hair frizz that I’m working in these photos. What’s that I hear? Humidity. DROPPING THE MIC.
I want to hear about your own less-than-graceful moments! As they sing in that Disney musical we love to love and hate: “We’re all in this [exhausting day that IS Monday] together”…. 😉
Thanks for stopping by!