My Less-Than-Graceful Moments

Sometimes GracefullyHappy Monday!

Darrin and I were busy this weekend watching the little monster I’m holding above and two others like her…and I think it’s safe to say that I’m ready not to wake up with a dog licking my face. Or three of them. But more on that later!

Because we went to Famous Dave’s twice this past week {so. many. BBQ. ribs.}, I’ve been thinking about messy, napkin-worthy meals and I figured I’d share with you some of my favorites. I mean, what could be more “graceless” than your fingertips and the sides of your face coated in BBQ sauce or butter? Go messy or go home, am I right?

1. Ribs: Like I said before, bring on the BBQ sauce. And then the hand wipes. Which are so goll darn difficult to open when your fingertips are coated in BBQ sauce. I mean really, whose idea was that??
  2.  Wings: Wings are like ribs’ younger brother…smaller, meatier, but just as messy. Again, pass those confounded hand wipes.
  3. Tacos: Specifically hard-shell tacos. What meal forces you to crank your head at an abnormal angle in order take a bite? Such a demanding piece of food. But so good.
  4. Corn on the Cob: I’m almost positive it takes longer to toothpick pieces of corn from your teeth than it does to actually consume the corn on the cob. Of course, the best corn on the cob is lathered in butter and covered with salt and pepper…there’s no getting around a “cobb smile” complete with specs of pepper stuck to your teeth. No shame. No regrets.
  5. Caramel Apples: Not the best snack to share with someone if you’re hoping to have a deep and meaningful conversation. Caramel stuck to the top of your gums and the back of your mouth…apples chunks between your teeth…lots….and lots…of chewing. And covering your mouth with your hand during the conversation.

Anyone else think of any “less-than-graceful” meals? Maybe this is all in my head and my real issue is eating…I’ll try not to dwell on that possibility for too long. 😉

I hope your Mondays are productive! I’ve got a lot of reading, writing, and tutoring to accomplish…and there’s a container of Reese’s Pieces that is calling my name…

Have a wonderful Monday! 🙂

• Reply jennifer prod October 21, 2013 at 11:45 am

unless you’re a master with the chopsticks (i’m not), no sushi on the first date — more rice usually ends up on my lap than in my mouth 🙂

• Reply Jiggy Jools October 21, 2013 at 12:32 pm

kebap. it’s the worst. food. for. a. date. ever. everything will fall out, sauce will dribble down your chin and you will strongly smell of onions and garlic.

but it’s delicious enough to make you prefer having a kebap to going on an actual date…;)

• Reply Grace Beekman October 21, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I have never heard of kebap! Sounds amazing and definitely worth it. 😉 Rock on, girly! Haha!

• Reply Madison Frank October 21, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I love your shirt! And your puppy is so cute!

xx

• Reply LeeLee October 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm

adorable photo. Have a great week!

• Reply Brigita Dambe October 21, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Seems like his is some kind of American thing, here in Europe – no mess,please! But it all sounds so yummy!

Brigita,

• Reply Grace Beekman October 21, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Ha it must be! We have way too many messy dishes! 😉

• Reply Jamie October 21, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Ah, the messy foods are always the best!!

Jamie @
    The Growing Up Diaries

• Reply Monica M October 21, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Food! I love the stuff. As for less than graceful meals, I think it’d be pretty hard to look nice eating gooey cheese covered nachos at a sporting event! No table, cheesy fingers (do you lick them in public??), and eventually cheese sauce on my jeans. Not cute! Haha.

• Reply Grace Beekman October 21, 2013 at 4:16 pm

You are so right about cheesy nachos! Oh my they are the worst at sporting events. You’re cramped on the bleachers and the threat of cheese spilling all over your pants is constantly there! Gah!

• Reply Kayleedaily October 21, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Haha! Love this! Corn on the cob is worst, but so good!

• Reply libys11 October 21, 2013 at 9:50 pm

ooohhh.. now i want some famous daves.. this post just made me hungry! 😀

Animated Confessions