My Less-Than-Graceful Moments

Sometimes GracefullyHappy Monday! This week in Minneapolis is looking a bit brighter and warmer than the weather we had over the weekend…my hopes of visiting the apple orchard on Saturday were dashed by heavy rains and cold temperatures. Kind of a bummer when you’ve got apple donuts on the brain…

My two baby sisters came home from college this weekend, and I made sure to squeeze some much needed girl time out of their busy schedules. There was a lot of shopping, coffee, boy talk, and catching up that needed to happen, and I loved every second of it!

Here are some of my more embarrassing moments from the past week. I’m a natural when it comes to awkward encounters.

1. There is no elegant way to eat traditional buffalo wings, and whenever I order them my waiter consistently visits our table to “check on us” at the worst time. I’m either covered with wing sauce, in the middle of a bite, or {most often} both. Naturally, adding an unexpected bloody nose to the mix would really create a recipe for failure.
  2. Do public restroom sinks really need to be powerful? “No…I was not attacked by a wet dog…I was just washing my hands….” {insert “You’ve got to be kidding me” Face}.
  3. I tend to shop for t-shirts in the little boys section at Target. Embarrassing? Or genius?
  4. When I just have so many groceries because I’ve been avoiding the grocery store for weeks, I tend to get into this “grocery bagging zone,”  which means I zone out while bagging my groceries and absentmindedly start bagging the groceries of the family in line behind me. This unintended act of charity becomes a problem when I start loading their groceries into my cart and hear “Hey! Those are my eggs!”…No sir, I’m not an egg thief by choice…
  5. Apparently I can have long, interesting, and heart felt conversations without knowing the name and/or the connection of the person conversing with me….I’m sorry, sweet old lady at Target. I don’t know how we know each other, but I hope your cat’s surgery goes well.

Anyone else have some awkward or less-than-graceful encounters over the weekend? I hope you all have a great start to the week! 🙂

• Reply Kayleedaily October 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Number 1, 2, and 5! Hahah! Hope you have a great week, girl! 🙂

• Reply Grace Beekman October 8, 2013 at 8:42 am

You too! Can’t wait to hear about how your pumpkin carving night went! Loved your Instagram pictures! 🙂

• Reply jennifer prod October 7, 2013 at 6:57 pm

can you please come over and do my hair? how do you even get your hair to look that good? not fair. also, i’ve started thinking in “less than graceful” terms and actually noticing all the odd things i do.. for instance, today i finished a snicker’s bar while grocery shopping and then had to hand them the wrapper at the checkout. oy vey.

• Reply Grace Beekman October 8, 2013 at 8:40 am

That’s hilarious! I think I’ve done that a couple of times with a packet of fruit snacks. No regrets. And I tried curling my hair yesterday and failed miserably…so the high bun look just had to happen!

• Reply Miho October 8, 2013 at 4:18 am

you look gorgeous in that picture! as for the wings – didn’t you know, the messier you eat the better they taste? x

Miho @ Wander to Wonder

• Reply Grace Beekman October 8, 2013 at 8:38 am

You are SO right! I should be proud of my messy tendencies! 😉

• Reply Grace Beekman October 8, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’m SO with ya! Except I get a wet line along my stomach because I’m so short…”smarter than the sink”…haha

• Reply sarah October 8, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Such a pretty picture Grace! I think your Monday posts are always my favorites! I still believe you make them up, though 😉

Sarah

• Reply Grace Beekman October 8, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Thanks! I wish I made them up…my life is a cruel comic strip. If I was a Peanuts character, I’d probably be Charlie Brown, continually missing the football….!

• Reply Faye October 9, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Haha too funny to read! SUCH a cute photo

• Reply Mollie C October 24, 2013 at 11:08 am

Haha, I laughed out loud at number 2. How about when you go to a bathroom and wash your hand only to find that there are no paper towels? I instantly start calculating where on my clothes I can dry them without leaving a visible wet hand print.

Number 5 is so sweet, good for you. 🙂