Happy Monday! Darrin and I spent our weekend hoping from birthday party to birthday party. We were a bit busy, but there’s was some darn good food served and paid for, so I’d give this past weekend a two thumbs up emoticon. I’ll take a free steak any night.
Have you been watching the Olympics? Darrin and I usually have it on in the background while we pretend to do homework. Figure skating just astounds me. To spin that fast in the air and then land on such a thin skate without breaking your ankle or snapping your knee is nuts. And then there’s that whole ski-jumping business. Wowza. What if you violently sneezed while flying through the air? There’d be problems, am I right?
Here are a few of my less-than-graceful moments from the past week! Hopefully your week wasn’t filled with too many embarrassing moments!
- The weather has been so cold and dry here that the skin on my hands and knuckles become scaly and crack if I don’t apply lotion every hour. I, unfortunately, didn’t have any lotion in class the other night, so when a girl sitting next to me asked to borrow a sheet of paper, I handed her a sheet not knowing my right hand had cracked open and was bleeding around my knuckles…it was awkward.
- I bought a bag of potatoes last week just so I could use this to make dinner. Talk about a domestic wife fail. But a definite win for “As Seen On TV” products.
- Have you ever accidently brushed against an old man’s butt with your hand while trying to maneuver through an incredibly crowded restaurant lobby? No? You’re lucky.
- Eating chips and guacamole that was heavy on the garlic before analyzing a novel with the student sitting next to me was not my greatest idea. Even I was uncomfortable with the smell of my own breath. And I love me some garlic-y guacamole.
- That moment when I almost ran over a traffic worker directing traffic because I incorrectly interpreted his arm waving was not my most “graceful” driving moment. I guess I deserved some of those “choice words” he decided to shout at me…his “choice finger” might have been a bit excessive…my bad, buddy.
How was your weekend? Got any less-than-graceful moments of your own? Hashtag #lessthangracefulmondays on Instagram or Twitter! I’d love to hear about them! Having a good laugh on these Monday mornings definitely make the days a bit easier! 😉
Have a great Monday!