A Kitchen Calendar Case Study

Sometimes Gracefully 1 Sometimes Gracefully 2 Sometimes Gracefully

Top: similar; Jeans: American Eagle; Boots: Target
Top: similar; Jeans: American Eagle; Boots: Target

It’s no secret that the trees here in Minnesota have been having one amazing fall. Our nearby park has been boasting bright reds, yellows, and browns for weeks now, and I’m hoping that I don’t jinx the beautiful autumn we’ve been having by writing about the beautiful autumn we’ve been having {knock on oak or birch or coniferous}.  Darrin brought home a big bag of Kit-Kat Halloween candy the other day that was promptly emptied and finished yesterday afternoon, and I’ve been eating left over apple pie every day for the past 4 days {…it’s the mooost nutritionally dangerous tiiiiime…of the year…}. It’s been a happy Fall thus far, and with the Halloween candy going on sale in a few weeks {the only Fall sale that REALLY matters}, I’d say things are still looking up!

I bought one of those magnetic, white board calendars to hang on our kitchen fridge the other week. I had a fool-proof plan that included but was not limited to writing, drawing, scribbling our busy schedules on a calendar that was easily accessible to the both of us. Homework was written in purple! Meals were written in blue! Events were written in orange! Unlimited color coding possibilities! The organizational opportunities were endless! It was fool-proof. Until the days on our little dry-erase calendar started filling up and stressing me out. Posting our busy and stressful schedules on our kitchen fridge? The one place in the house that stores the cookie dough and the apple pie?! Not a good idea:

Check the schedule on the fridge. Stress about the schedule on the fridge. Comfort yourself by eating a piece of apple pie. Repeat.

Oh, how psychologists and psychiatrists alike would love to analyze the case study that is my kitchen fridge calendar!

The best laid plans of mice and Gracie.

Darrin, in all his wisdom and practicality, told me that we just should have started a Google calendar. Save some space on the fridge for more family pictures and free magnets that we seem to be consistently collecting. If only he had been with me when I impulsively and optimistically bought the magnet calendar that single-handedly eliminated his chance at a leftover piece of pie.

The drama just never ends around here. 😉

• Reply Christina Storm October 23, 2014 at 8:42 am

Haha! I love this! It sounded like a good idea! I love you look here, that sweater is perfect for fall!

The Style Storm

<3, Christina

• Reply Grace Beekman October 23, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Thanks girly! I’m all about keeping cozy in the fall! 🙂

• Reply Megan October 23, 2014 at 8:48 am

The scenery is beautiful! I love your casual and comfy look!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

• Reply Erica Choi October 23, 2014 at 9:44 am

Cute photos! 🙂

Erica

• Reply Tori October 23, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Hehe this cracked me up!! But, not going to lie–I am always looking for an excuse to eat apple pie anyways–so a stressed out calendar might work in my favor! You look too cute–loving the leaves!

Tori

FashionBlingGirlyThings

• Reply Grace Beekman October 23, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I suppose any excuse to eat some apple pie is definitely a good excuse… 😉 Haha!

• Reply Kelsey Ann Yoki October 23, 2014 at 2:03 pm

We have a whiteboard calendar, but it is strictly for my boyfriend’s ever-changing schedule and important events for the two of us. I used to post my CrossFit schedule on it, but it got tooooo crazy!

• Reply Grace Beekman October 23, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Haha! It can just be so darn overwhelming!

• Reply thosevintagethoughts . October 24, 2014 at 3:30 am

I try to plan in my diary but then I just end up avoiding looking at it all together, ahaha! My calender is by the door on the way out my room so can’t be avoided. I just can’t bring myself to fill it with to much!! I love these pictures too, such beautiful autumnal colours. I’d say keep eating the pie and sweets, it’s the best time of year, let’s make the most of it!! Kath x

• Reply Emma Dahl October 28, 2014 at 12:54 pm

i love all your photos of our lovely homestate 🙂 also, is your top from LEN?!