If You Give Your Husband A Camera…

gracie….he’ll be sure to bombard you with close-ups on your evening walk. Thanks, Darebear.

While visiting my parents last weekend, I decided to raid my mother’s basement closet for any extra fall home decor she had lying around. It’s nice to have a mother who is both an interior designer and home contractor. Going into the basement closet is like visiting a miniature Pottery Barn. I snagged so many acorn candles, pumpkin tealight holders, and decorative gourds! DarrinΒ lovedΒ carrying my box of fragile home decorations back to the apartment. πŸ˜‰

Do any of you decorate for fall? I’d love to throw a Halloween party, but our apartment is just a little too small for that kind of thing. And Halloween decorations, if you go “all out” only last for one night. Skulls just don’t look as “cute” around Thanksgiving time, ya know? So I tend to stick with the pumpkin and acorn decor. Β Your classic, Thanksgiving staples.

Anyone else “decking their halls” {I’m sorry!Β Too early!} with fall decorations right now? I’m such a sucker for candles. I have so many candles, and I love when they’reΒ allΒ lit. I realize this may become a problem when we start having children. Especially toddlers who are into climbing and destroying things. I’m just hoping our kids skip that stage….fingers crossed. πŸ˜‰ But anyways, if you’re looking for fall candles, check out these and these and these {some of these would beΒ soΒ great for both ThanksgivingΒ andΒ Christmas. Two for one!}. And if you buy any of them,Β pleaseΒ post some photos! I’d love to see them “in action”!

I’ll be sure to post some pictures of the little touches I added around the apartment soon! Until then, have a marvelous Tuesday! πŸ™‚

• Reply jennifer prod October 1, 2013 at 3:28 pm

jealous that 1) your parents live close enough for regular visits and 2) your mom has a pottery-barn-sense-of-style? you’re lucky indeed πŸ™‚ and i definitely agree about decorating for halloween – almost too tricky. except.. i have a growing desire to do something monster inspired… πŸ™‚ we will see! hope you’re enjoying this weather πŸ™‚

• Reply grcschmd@gmail.com October 2, 2013 at 7:58 am

Oh my if you do end up decorating for your monster bash, you’ve gotta post some pictures! I’d love to decorate “monster themed”. A party is the perfect excuse! πŸ™‚

• Reply Maria October 1, 2013 at 7:40 pm

these photos are beautiful, you look so gorgeous! And also, I steal from my moms stash all the time, it’s an easy way to spruce things up a bit without spending πŸ˜€

• Reply Grace Beekman October 2, 2013 at 8:02 am

Thanks so much! And you’re so right! “Borrowing” from mom is much cheaper and still feels like something new! πŸ™‚

• Reply na October 2, 2013 at 5:26 am

you look so pretty

• Reply Nikita Brown October 2, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I am excited to start decorating for the fall. I even want to make a fall wreath for my front door thanks to my mom having so much things I can use! Lovely photos and great post!

Nik
    Oh Thats Nik

• Reply Grace Beekman October 3, 2013 at 7:39 am

What a sweet idea! I wish our apartment complex allowed for door decorations. I may have to make one anyways for the living room! πŸ™‚

• Reply Sarah hanrahan October 3, 2013 at 5:57 pm

your teeth & hair are absolutely beautiful, these are gorgeous pics, let the husband take more if they turn out this good!

• Reply A Little October Around the Apartment | October 3, 2013 at 8:42 pm

[…] talked a little bit before about sprucing up our apartment for fall, but drinking this Angry Orchard Hard Cider and feeling the […]