There are two kinds of popcorn that I love: buttery-salty popcorn and caramel corn. This little homemade recipe is perfect for entertaining. Make the drizzle. Make the popcorn. Mix it all together. Bake. Stir. Serve. Kablamo. Snack food accomplished. And let’s be honest. Caramel makes everything better.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Karo corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 quarts of popped popcorn
- Melt the sticks of butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Boil butter mixture without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda and vanilla.
- Gradually pour the mixture over the popcorn and mix it well.
- Spread the popcorn onto a baking pan. Bake at 250 degree for 1 hour.
- Stir the mixture in the baking pan every 15 minutes while it’s baking so the popcorn doesn’t clump together.
- After 1 hour, let the popcorn cool. Again, stir the popcorn as it cools so it does not clump together.
So there you go! Do it to it. Flip on Netflix, wrap yourself up in a warm blanket, and snack on some fresh caramel corn! Obviously you deserve it. I mean, hashtag duh. 😉