My Favorite Winter Vest and Other Unrelated Thoughts

Sometimes Gracefully Sometimes Gracefully Sometimes Gracefully Sometimes Gracefully

Happy Wednesday! So I snagged this sweet winter vest from New York & Company on sale during Black Friday for a precious $15, and I think it’s just to goll darn coziest. Winter has been a Minnesota monster this year. The high today? -1 degrees. Not 1. Negative 1. Darrin has to bike to work each day because we only have one car and I’ve got obligations in another city, so my poor hubby layers up each morning with sweatshirts, ski masks, and wool socks. He’s even got a pair of snowboarding goggles that he wears to keep his eyes from tearing up while biking against the wind. What a trooper.

This week marks the last week of semester classes for me, and a break is much needed. The other night, Darrin and I decided to neglect all of our academic duties, so we dragged our mattress off its boxspring and into the living for a movie marathon night. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me document the occasion. Talk about a romantic evening snuggled up near our Christmas tree, catching up on our TV shows. I told Darrin that once I’ve turned in my final paper for the semester, our mattress is moving from the bedroom to the living room and we’re having a wine/movie/popcorn/cheesecake night {you know I love my cheesecake} next to the Christmas tree. As you might have guessed, I’m feeling pretty darn motivated to get some work done. 😉

Sometimes Gracefully Sometimes Gracefully Sometimes Gracefully

Also, my Christmas gift for Darrin backfired this week. I ordered him a couple of Batman comic books that were essentially lost in the mail. I ended up needing his help tracking down the package and calling the company…so the surprise of his Christmas gift was ruined. On the bright side, we got the comic books and reshipping all for free! So there’s cause to celebrate. But I still want him to have some kind of surprise this Christmas…so I’ve got two weeks to find the perfect “Christmas 2013” gift. So. Much. Pressure. Let the Pinterest searches begin.

On another unrelated note, microwave popcorn bags seem to be making this cold weather and online shopping season much more bearable. I’ve eaten almost 3 bags  a reasonable amount of popcorn bags by myself in one sitting. It’s impossible to eat popcorn one kernel at a time. I’m all about the handfuls. 🙂

I’ll leave you with that! Have a beautiful Wednesday!

• Reply Miss_Molly December 11, 2013 at 3:50 am

you look so cute, love your blog

• Reply jennifer prod December 11, 2013 at 9:21 am

oh darrin! i feel so badly for him biking in this weather. i’m happy to give him a ride? is that odd? i just can’t imagine how cold it must be.. i can barely sit in my car without freezing half to death. in other news, jon’s birthday is the day after christmas, and so my panic to find him the perfect christmas *&* christmas gift is rising… make sure you share our ideas for darrin!!

• Reply Jamie December 11, 2013 at 2:14 pm

I love everything about this outfit. It looks so cozy and warm! I feel so bad for your poor hubby though! Biking to work.. oh poor thing. But as you said, what a trooper! Hopefully it’s not too long of a ride! Also, I love movie marathons with my fiance. They’re the very best 😀

Jamie @
    The Growing Up Diaries

• Reply christinachan December 11, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Ooh I love these snow filled photos! Beautiful xx

reallyliteral.blogspot.com

• Reply AF December 12, 2013 at 5:09 am

You look so warmy and happy even with all that snow around you!! LOL

• Reply Lindsay Truax December 12, 2013 at 11:03 am

Amazing pictures!!! Love those gloves.

PinkandNavyStripes.com

• Reply Allison T December 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Popcorn by the handfuls are the best. I love that you paired those gorgeous red gloves with an all black outfit! <3

• Reply Rebecca December 16, 2013 at 3:12 pm

You look adorable, I love the pop of red!

• Reply Selective Potential December 16, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I love this outfit, especially the dark colors with the pop of red in your gloves. Very cute! xo

• Reply Grace Beekman December 16, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Thanks girl! And those gloves are extra warm, which is most certainly a bonus! 😉