Darrin reminded me the other day that we’re two weeks (TWO WEEKS?!) away from the third trimester (insert gasps and i-can’t-believe-its here), and while my pregnant brain is still having trouble wrapping itself around that reality, I thought I’d share the five things that have been getting me through these past 6 months! For pregnant and non-pregnant people alike!
- John Frieda’s Visibly Brighter Shampoo & Conditioner in Brilliant Brunette: Strangely enough, this pregnancy has been drastically changing my hair color. What had been brown was quickly turning black during the first few weeks, so I tried John Frieda’s subtle lightning hair products and have been using this shampoo and conditioner combination ever since. Just to keep my hair its “normal” shade of brown. Every wash both moisturizes my hair and brightens my brunette tones. So cheers to you, Johnny Frieda, for helping this pregnant lady look like herself.
- Tums: The heartburn I’ve been experiencing feels something akin to 12 volcanoes erupting in my chest, and each bout of the burn is usually followed by a fierce bout of the hiccups. Which feels just GREAT and sounds lovely when I’m working from a coffee shop. So peppermint Tums have become a permanent fixture on my bedside table. And in my car. And my purse…and maybe even my jeans pocket… #youdowhatyougottado
- Fruit: My constant pregnancy craving has been fruit. Bowls upon bowls of fruit. The other day I almost ate an entire bag of green grapes in one sitting because my gosh are those babies easy to lose track of. I’m eager to see which fruits end up being Baby B’s favorite.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes: Because it turns out that pregnancy does not make you feel like you’re walking on a cloud. However! A good pair of comfortable walking shoes can certainly help. These Dr. Scholl’s slip-ons are my go-to shoes for running errands…and also for just functioning on my feet in general (comes in navy and black too!). P.S. read about my “mom shoes” milestone HERE.
- Body Boost Stretch Mark Butter by basq in Milk & Honey: I’ve been using this Body Boost Stretch Mark Butter on my stomach to help soften my skin as baby girl continues to grow. No parabens, lots of gotu kola and jojoba oil (fancy ingredients to strengthen collagen and elastin), and it smells like the promise land. I’ve got a feeling that I’ll be using this stuff as body lotion long after Baby B arrives.
And there you have it! My five pregnancy staples thus far. To all you mommas, what were some of your favorite items during your pregnancy? Aka what helped you survive some of the rougher pregnancy moments??